Terms for the interface (interactions and designs)

by Lin   Last Updated October 09, 2019 15:16 PM

I'm Lin – this is my first post and I'm hoping you could help me out. I'm studying interaction design (via a Swedish uni) and I'm having some difficulty finding [English] terms for different interactions and interface designs. Terms like lightbox popup and modal overlays. A couple of days ago I found myself miserably failing in describing a feature on Amazon (gone now, must have been an A/B test) where, after you add an item to the basket, a window slides out from the right, displaying what's in the basket, and with a button navigating to the checkout page. What would I call a function like this? What I really want to ask though, is if you know a website where I can find a list of terms and explanations for different types of interactions like this. Many thanks for your help, Lin

Related Questions

How to configure a graph widget?

Updated June 09, 2015 12:07 PM

Creating a finite state machine / dynamic form

Updated June 12, 2015 08:07 AM