Savitzky-Golay ... integrator?

by EngrStudent   Last Updated July 20, 2017 14:19 PM

Savitzky-Golay filters (yes they have other names) are robust estimators of slope. Where a small noise can substantially damage the slope estimate of textbook finite difference methods, the S-G filter has much smaller response to the noise.

What is the integration/integrator equivalent of this filter?

I would think it is not Gaussian Quadrature, because quadrature is not derived from convolution, and it is sensitive to noise in a manner similar to non-robust finite difference methods for estimating the slope.

I tried several google searches, google scholar searches, and IEEE searches, but nearly nothing comes up referring to S-G integration or integrators. Am I using the wrong terms (or proper-nouns)?

Related Questions

Double integration in R

Updated July 24, 2017 23:19 PM

Rollmean vs. Integrate.xy for computing Integrals

Updated July 17, 2017 15:19 PM

R. Numerical integration of a plnorm() object

Updated August 30, 2017 11:19 AM